Alan Lakein, the author of personal time management book How to Get Control of Your Time and Your Life
He’s big on planning (“Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now.Failing to plan is planning to fail.”)
He lists 61 ways he saves time – here’s a sampling:
- #7 — I remind myself:“There is always enough time for the important things”. If it’s important I will make the time to do it.
- #16 – I’ve given up forever all “wait time”.If I have to wait, I consider it a “gift of time” to relax, plan or do something I would not otherwise have done.
- #27 – I do first things first.
- #31 – I ask myself, “Would anything terrible happen if I didn’t do this priority item”.If the answer is no, I don’t do it.
- #61 – I’m continually asking myself:“What is the best use of my time right now?”
I love Lakein’s famous quote:
Time = Life, Therefore, waste your time and waste of your life, or master your time and master your life.
Recent Day Starters: