My mother used to prepare the same basic Italian meals – needless to say Sunday and Wednesday were pasta days.
Occasionally she would vary. Fish on Friday. Special menu for holidays, birthdays and events.
When I programmed radio stations, we played the most popular hits in a tight rotation over and over again making sure that the most popular songs were being played.
There are things in our lives that make it special – routines, things that always bring us joy.
Rotate life’s greatest hits to make you happy and make it possible to endure all those not so nice things that we have to deal with.
Don’t postpone joy – put it on repeat so it can play over and over again.
Recent Day Starters:
- Staying Positive in Isolation
- "Pick-me-ups" for Being Confined to Home
- A Bucket List for Self-Isolation
- Resisting Coronavirus Scare Tactics
- Practice Compassion During Social Distancing
- Coping with Social Distancing
- How to Stop Fearing Coronavirus
- The Coronavirus is Serious, Panic is Optional
- Decision-making During the Coronavirus Crisis
- The Coronavirus as a Tool for Hate