If you have to have brain surgery, you want a perfectionist doing the operation.
Have dinner at an expensive restaurant, you expect the chef to be a perfectionist.
The problem is being a perfectionist kills personal happiness.
What to do?
Perfection is the goal, a worthy goal.
But not guilt, because you are imperfect.
Or worthless because you couldn’t bat 1.000.
Perfectionists often see themselves the way they think others see them.
That’s ego, not perfection.
Subscribe to these Day Starters for free here.
Read more recent articles:
- The Attitude That Makes You Love Work
- Dealing with Irritations
- Talking Yourself Out of the Fear of Failure
- How Warren Buffett Makes Tough Decisions
- Outlasting a Losing Streak
- Winning Advice from Tiger Woods' Caddy
- The One Word That Reduces Stress
- Why We Believe Fortune Cookies and Not Ourselves
- The Key to Motivation
- Caring & Not Controlling
Comment on Perfection