In our world, it’s not just our stress that’s getting to us, it’s that of others conveyed to you.
You could live the perfect stress-free life but you still have to live in an imperfect stressful world.
What to do?
Recognize if it’s your stress or theirs – own yours, deflect theirs.
You’re better at dealing with stress than you probably think so put a hold on it when you don’t like the way it makes you feel.
You don’t have to solve the problem to relieve the stress – just recognize it and put it in its place.
When others infect you with their stress, remember that you are paying a price with your health and happiness the longer you keep absorbing negative emotions like a sponge.
When all else fails, think about something or someone for which you are grateful – stress cannot exist at the same time that you are actively experiencing gratitude.
Subscribe to these Day Starters for free here.
Read more recent articles:
- The Attitude That Makes You Love Work
- Dealing with Irritations
- Talking Yourself Out of the Fear of Failure
- How Warren Buffett Makes Tough Decisions
- Outlasting a Losing Streak
- Winning Advice from Tiger Woods' Caddy
- The One Word That Reduces Stress
- Why We Believe Fortune Cookies and Not Ourselves
- The Key to Motivation
- Caring & Not Controlling
Comment on Less Stress