Total happiness can be a long wait.
If you’ve ever known anyone driven to achieve their biggest dream, you have witnessed the painful life of a person who puts everything else on hold while they plow forward.
Big dreams are fine.
It’s the little things that also inspire happiness along the way – things that may be ignored in your quest for the dream and may happen when you’re busy doing something else.
As the author Harold Kushner says, “Happiness is a butterfly – the more you chase it, the more it flies away from you and hides. But, stop chasing it, put away your net and busy yourself with other, more productive things than the pursuit of personal happiness, and it will sneak up on you from behind and perch on your shoulder”.
Recent Day Starters:
- Staying Positive in Isolation
- "Pick-me-ups" for Being Confined to Home
- A Bucket List for Self-Isolation
- Resisting Coronavirus Scare Tactics
- Practice Compassion During Social Distancing
- Coping with Social Distancing
- How to Stop Fearing Coronavirus
- The Coronavirus is Serious, Panic is Optional
- Decision-making During the Coronavirus Crisis
- The Coronavirus as a Tool for Hate