Sometimes it appears people care more when they want something or want to influence an outcome.
Caring is a gift we give – it costs nothing, just time and the reward is evident as we recognize that we can make a difference.
Not controlling is a bigger gift – it means I care and want nothing in return from you.
My time costs nothing but it is worth a lot to the recipient.
Controlling people is the fastest way to drive people away.
Caring and not controlling is real power for good and draws others close to you.
Subscribe to these Day Starters for free here.
Read more recent articles:
- The Attitude That Makes You Love Work
- Dealing with Irritations
- Talking Yourself Out of the Fear of Failure
- How Warren Buffett Makes Tough Decisions
- Outlasting a Losing Streak
- Winning Advice from Tiger Woods' Caddy
- The One Word That Reduces Stress
- Why We Believe Fortune Cookies and Not Ourselves
- The Key to Motivation
- Caring & Not Controlling
Comment on Caring & Not Controlling