Do you know what I mean?
Does that make sense?
We need to have a conversation.
When people don’t listen, they make it impossible to communicate.
Asking if the message got through is no guarantee.
Inviting two-way talk when both are not paying attention is the opposite of communication.
Until you can hear it and say back to the other person accurately there has been no communication.
Ironically, working on listening skills is the secret to effective communication and it has little to do with talking.
Recent Day Starters:
- Staying Positive in Isolation
- "Pick-me-ups" for Being Confined to Home
- A Bucket List for Self-Isolation
- Resisting Coronavirus Scare Tactics
- Practice Compassion During Social Distancing
- Coping with Social Distancing
- How to Stop Fearing Coronavirus
- The Coronavirus is Serious, Panic is Optional
- Decision-making During the Coronavirus Crisis
- The Coronavirus as a Tool for Hate