The odd thing about burnout is that the only way out of it is to slow down.
More lists create more stress with arguable results.
Doing less cuts stress with better results.
Think of the weight you carry on your shoulders and how adding a fast fix will feel even more burdensome.
Burnout starts to ease the moment you say slow down.
Prioritizing helps you slow down.
The feeling that you’re not accomplishing something is the sure way to know you are winning the battle against burnout.
Subscribe to these Day Starters for free here.
Read more recent articles:
- The Attitude That Makes You Love Work
- Dealing with Irritations
- Talking Yourself Out of the Fear of Failure
- How Warren Buffett Makes Tough Decisions
- Outlasting a Losing Streak
- Winning Advice from Tiger Woods' Caddy
- The One Word That Reduces Stress
- Why We Believe Fortune Cookies and Not Ourselves
- The Key to Motivation
- Caring & Not Controlling
Comment on Battling Burnout