Two months before entering first grade, my father had a massive heart attack.
From that moment on, I learned that I had to take care of him, my mother and later in life everyone else.
Caregivers know the feeling I’m describing.
Pouring your last ounce of physical and emotional energy into saving someone else.
Just as important is to learn to take care of yourself – your needs, emotions and priorities.
That sense of duty toward others also applies to us.
Recent Day Starters:
- Staying Positive in Isolation
- "Pick-me-ups" for Being Confined to Home
- A Bucket List for Self-Isolation
- Resisting Coronavirus Scare Tactics
- Practice Compassion During Social Distancing
- Coping with Social Distancing
- How to Stop Fearing Coronavirus
- The Coronavirus is Serious, Panic is Optional
- Decision-making During the Coronavirus Crisis
- The Coronavirus as a Tool for Hate